Target and Clay Pigeon Shooting Helpful Hints
Below is a list of helpful hints intended to make your experience with us as enjoyable as possible. Please ensure that all of your group are aware of these hints, as inappropriate clothing can ruin the session.
We recommend you plan to arrive about 15 minutes prior to your booking time. If you arrive late, your session will not be extended to accommodate your lateness.
• If it is a cold day wear lots of warm clothing as there will some standing around and you do not want to get cold.
• On cold days hats and gloves are recommended.
• There will be tea, coffee and squash available free of charge, if you think you will want anything else you will need to bring it with you as there is no food or drink that you can purchase on site.
• There are mosquitoes on site during the summer so insect repellent is advised if you are prone to being bitten.
• For target shooting you must use the weapons provided by Oaker Wood.
• For clay pigeon shooting if you wish to bring your own shotgun it must be accompanied with your shotgun license. It will also need to be assessed for safety by your Oaker Wood marshal on the day.
• If you have any ladies or children within your group we do provide a 20 bore shotgun which is lighter if they would like to use it.
• We provide shoulder pads, ear defenders and sun glasses if it is sunny. We do recommend you bring your own sun glasses if you have some as they will be more comfortable.
• If you wish to purchase more clays on the day you will need to bring cash as we will not always have access to the office/card machine.
For general Helpful Hints on all our activities- Helpful Hints.