High Ropes & Climbing Helpful Hints
Below is a list of helpful hints intended to make your experience with us as enjoyable as possible. Please ensure that all of your group are aware of these hints, as inappropriate clothing can ruin the session.
We recommend you plan to arrive about 15 minutes prior to your booking time. If you arrive late, your session will not be extended to accommodate your lateness.
• Make sure you wear comfortable clothing that does not restrict your movements.
• We do not recommend wearing denim jeans – if they get wet they become heavy and have little to no insulation properties.
• Footwear should be comfortable and supportive. Trainers and walking boots are good, NO flip-flops, crocs or sandals.
• On cold days we would recommend gloves and hats. These do not want to be too bulky as the hat will need to go on under the helmet and the gloves do not want to restrict the use of your fingers.
• On wet weather days waterproofs are advisable as is spare footwear to travel home in.
• If you would like to bring your own harness or helmet to use on our site you may do so but only after they have been assessed as safe by an Oaker Wood instructor.
• There are mosquitoes on site during the summer so insect repellent is advised if you are prone to being bitten.
• We can provide tea, coffee and squash free of charge. There is no shop on site so if you require anything else you will need to bring it with you.
For general Helpful Hints on all our activities- Helpful Hints.